Welcome back to Ckiara Nation!
This week on Ckiara Nation, My Co-host Michael Ellsberg and I have as our guest the very fabulous terrific most excellent Carol Leigh also known as Harlot Scarlot. Yes indeed!
- Growing up
- What defined her sexuality in her preteen and teen years?
- Loving outside her Jewish Heritage
- Her love for Men How you discovered sex work into her involvement in the sex industry.
- What made her the super hero of sex work?
- Feminism in the 1970’s
- As an extra bonus we threw in her 1980’s political parody to Madonna’s “Papa don’t preach” Pope don’t preach.
- Her defining moment when she went to the anti-porn conference where they referred to what women did in the Adult industry as sex use and she coined sex work.
In the late 1950 – the early 80, sex was on a positive more acceptable, normalizing path the benefits were becoming more and more apparent. Then AIDS came into the picture, the LBGT and Sexual liberty opponents including religious institutions jumped on the it was a wrath of god wagon…
In addition we discuss:
- The World Health Organization has advocated for the decriminalization of sex work.
- The opponents and critics that see laws that allow sex work as a cover for human trafficking. and sexual exploitation.
- The fact that sex workers are being excluded and denied help from the government even if they are taxpayers.
- Sex work is a contact job, very much like medicine and healing, it’s, touch deprived relief, anxiety and stress relief, loneliness relief, sexual healing also a various number of outlets for various personal issues for not just men anymore women.
- Who choose to see a paid professional, expert or just pay someone without having strings for whatever their reason.
- Do you feel government should really be involving itself calling it a health haven or sanctuary for disease?
- The deprived human traffickers and serial killers and why they are involved?
- Is it always been about the patriarchy controlling a woman through her body, the birth canal by demonizing her strength, protecting the ideal of alpha male, controlling sexuality by shaming the act and controlling the masses, through institutions that condemn it and use it to ad validity to their agendas?